Montag, 18. August 2008

One for the friends



I must apologise to the ones who don't speak portuguese but somehow ended here... I know that at least one person tried read whatever I wrote, but found the language barrier...
Well, therefore I post my best regards to our dear friend Dale, also very known on the Camino as Mr. Canada, who can be seen on the above photo. As a matter of fact, you can see his fully loaded backpack and a orange sleeve, but it's him, I' sure. I still don't know why, but in the many occasions we met on the Way, I didn't took one decent photo of him...
We met Mr. Canada right on the beginning, on Roncesvalles, on the Pilgrim's dinner at one of the pensions at this location. This dinner, by the way, was a tip from our very good friend as well, Jennifer, who shall be greeted properly on a future post.
At the time Dale was with a friend of him, who accompanied him through some stages, if I remember well.
And as the Camino teaches - and it does - you are bond to find your friends over and over again, in different locations, and just when you don't expect to see that frindly face no more.
Unfortunately enough, we didn't meet each other exactly at Santiago, although Dale arrived one day after us. Maybe it is a sign that we should do the Way all over again, just to meet each other at the end of the Way...
To finish, a decent picture of Mr. Canada, taken at Pamplona, next to the Bulls.




Saludos,
Henrique e Maike

Keine Kommentare: